Friday, February 15, 2008
My Conclusion
With all the information that I have gathered, I must say that I agree with a lot of people in that it really was a combination of things. I feel as though the drought and over-population was the "stage" in all of this, constantly causing any problems with war and invasions to triple. The
Mexican invasion also seemed to be a setting in this stage, weakening the Mayans for when the full blow of the Spanish invasion hit. It was just a horrible situation for the Mayans to be in, seeming to be getting "kicked while they were down". I think that pointing a finger at just one of these causes would be ignorant, for clearly every downfall I've researched had serious impacts. I really do feel as though this could have been prevented if the Mayans had just learned to think more about their climate in the future, instead of just Venus's cycle, and perhaps if they'd have stood up to the Mexicans, they would have been able to defend themselves better against the Spanish. I do feel as though I accomplished a lot with this research, and with all the information found to this date, I really do feel as though my results best explain the mysterious collapse of the Mayan empire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment